The first month of 2017 is GONE! Ready to get relaxed? Try getting organized first. I am all about my new zen lifestyle. Yoga, being artsy LOL, hanging out with my nieces and nephews…all of it is so enriching. Before I started getting out there and doing all the fun stuff, I got real. I organized, rearranged and found my ZEN. Here are 17 tips to get organized and GET ZEN in 2017.
- Go through your inbox and unsubscribe from junk mail. #gamechanger
- Clean out your desk drawer. Only put essentials back in and trash the rest.
- Put all of your travel products into one case instead of randomly stuck all over your bathroom.
- While you’re at it, find cute bins at Home Goods for your bathroom. I have several bins now: A hair bin with hot tools and brushes. A skincare bin filled with BOSCIA. And a makeup bin!
- Keep a couple reusable bags in your trunk for groceries and errands.
- While watching TV, grab your computer and go through old files, pictures, etc. Do the same with your phone. Clear up that memory and data!
- Open your fridge and pantry – clear it out!
- Set up a MINT account and forget missing any monthly bills. MINT will alert you when it’s time to pay them!
- Each Sunday, write a grocery list and meal schedule.
- Clean out your sock and bra drawer. I have so many “sexy” bras I never wear. BYE BYE. LOL.
- Do you really need 865 pens? Pick your favorites, live minimally. I’m all about that minimalist lifestyle these days.
- Look in your medicine cabinet—I guarantee there’s expired medicine in there. Stock up on what you’ve thrown out.
- Look at your calendar and plan out haircuts and any other personal maintenance appointments – that includes massages, facials, mani/pedi’s, etc.
- Figure out a skincare routine that works for you, and only keep those products. I will be sharing my skin routine soon – everyone keeps saying I’m glowing. So it’s either the yoga or the BOSCIA 🙂
- Go through your social media platforms and unfollow the accounts you don’t care about.
- Speaking of social media, take a hiatus all together. Nothing feels better than not having your phone on you.
- Lastly, BUY CANDLES. I know this has nothing to do with getting organized but it has everything to do with finding your zen. I love candles, incense, sage, etc. I usually stick to candles because incense can be messy. If you’re into candles the way I am, make sure to check out dyptique Paris candles. A-MAZ-ING.