- Better digestion
- Happier muscles
- A rock star immune system
- Increased metabolism
- Clearer Skin
- Better sleep
- Liver Tonic, anyone?
If you’re like me, you’re always looking for the next best thing to help you sleep better, have nicer skin, and keep you healthy. I may have found the proper remedy, although I have not tried it long enough to give a full results recap just yet! I bring to you: Golden Milk! Golden milk is basically a lightly spiced drink – similar to chai (yum!) – that has a ton of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Try it out and let me know what you think! This recipe serves two.
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, preferably coconut milk beverage or almond milk
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 (1-inch) piece turmeric, unpeeled, thinly sliced, or 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece ginger, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- Ground cinnamon (for serving)
Whisk coconut milk, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, honey, coconut oil, peppercorns, and 1 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have melded, about 10 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into mugs and top with a dash of cinnamon.