I am sure everyone has their fair share of places that they want to visit. Wanderlust is a real thing and I find myself wanting to leave the country every couple of years! 🙂 Here are some places I really want to visit and why: Zakynthos, Greece; Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc in France (specifically); Marrakesh, Morocco; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Rio de Janiero, Brazil; and Sicily, Italy.
Read + check out pics below as I share why these six places are on my travel bucket list!
1. Zakynthos, Greece—this is the ultimate honeymoon destination for me. Santorini, Athens, Mykonos—all stunning…but have you seen Zakynthos?! I truly believe that paradise is on earth and it’s located in that clear blue water.
2. Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc, France—this incredible hotel is strictly a tumblr-esque want of mine. I have never been big on Pinterest, but Tumblr…I am all about it. Whenever I would see photos of du Cap-Eden Roc I would continuously wonder where this marvelous place was. Then in 2011, I saw photos posted on a friend’s social media site; I was absolutely stunned by it. She posted photos in front of the long driveway into the hotel and I was swooning over the chateau-esque vibe. It has become even more famous than ever due to IG fashion bloggers and the Cannes Film Festival, but seeing her personal photos showed me, I too, would love it.
3. Marrakesh, Morocco—thriving souks, palaces and mosques adorn Morocco. I still put Moroccan pillows in my room just to dress up the neutral vibe. I really just want to go to Marrakesh for the amazing marketplaces, spices, shopping…and of course…so I can eat a meal on the floor with my hands!
4. Buenos Aires, Argentina—I’ve been to Egypt twice (father was born there), but I have not been to Argentina. One of the reasons why Buenos Aires is on my list is because my mother was born in Buenos Aires and lived there through her childhood. The way she speaks about Buenos Aires is amazing, I would never want to go there without her. When I went to Egypt, I found that half the reason why I even loved it so much was because my father was busy telling me stories about different buildings, beaches and cities. I’ve been told Buenos Aires is the city for me; I can’t wait to visit…with my mama in tow.
5. Rio de Janiero, Brazil—the Christ the Redeemer statue alone will put me on that 10+ hour flight to Rio. Something about watching soccer as a child—the yellow and green jerseys, my mom speaking about her father speaking Portuguese and the way the soccer players all had golden brown skin made me think it was the place to be…but then! Snoop d-o-double g himself came out with a music video for his song “Beautiful.” Sold. If you haven’t seen it, I suggest you get on it!
6. Sicily, Italy—my grandmother, my mother’s mother—was born and raised in Sicily. My parents visited Sicily before they were married and they told me all about what an incredible trip they had. My grandmother and great aunt are two of the greatest human beings I know: loud-passionate-loving-forever screaming-hardcore Italian women. If I have the chance to meet more people like them, let alone a whole city filled with synonymous souls, I’m taking it.