The month of June (we’re halfway through!) has already been hectic for me. I feel like now, more than ever, I am trying to find REAL work/life balance. Most importantly for me, I have found that finding some time for rest and relaxation is Mission: Critical!
Last Saturday, I was in bed by 11 pm. Honestly, it was needed. I woke up Sunday morning refreshed, got a latte, and went on a hike. Whether it’s a massage, a manicure or some time out in the sun; taking some time for yourself will not only make you feel better, but it will have other people wanting to enjoy your company as well!
Here are some of my favorite things to do when life gets a little hectic:
- Go on a walk – Especially when it’s sunny! Get a tan, some vitamin D and hang out with Mother Nature!
- Get my nails done – Once a week, necessary!
- Get a blowout – I don’t do this very often but every once in a while I head over to Drybar and get a GOOD blowout.
- Book a massage – I got a massage on Monday and it kicked off my week perfectly. Sometimes you just need an hour of quiet time to relax the back.
- Read a book – On Saturday night I went to Barnes & Noble and bought 5 books LOL. I won’t lie, I am SO happy I did. I am already halfway through 3 of them! Reading also helps me wind down and get sleepy, it works like a charm every time.
- Listen to a guided meditation – I highly recommend the Insight Timer app! Get. On. It! 🙂
- Sleep early – This is my go-to stress reliever, nothing like a good night’s sleep.
- Go on a hike – I love being in nature, I went on a hike on Monday before my massage and it completely changed my mood after a busy day at work.
What are your favorite things to do when the world around you gets a little crazy?
PS- I did not mention yoga because lately I have not had time to go to yoga as much I’d like to, unfortunately. I like to take my best friend’s classes and our schedules conflict a lot. I absolutely love yoga and I HIGHLY recommend Corepower Yoga if you’re looking to find your inner Yogi 🙂 XO