I made the best (in my opinion LOL) Cajun shrimp tacos tonight! I got a few messages regarding what I put in them and decided to share the EASY/healthy recipe here. In the words of one of my good FIT friends: “Eating well doesn’t have to suck!” LOL.
What you’ll need (Feeds two, two tacos each):
- Taco shells (I used spinach taco shells)
- Black beans (less than half the can)
- 1/2 lb. cooked large shrimp
- Olive oil (1 tbsp.)
- Cajun seasoning (1 tbsp.)
- Ground cayenne pepper (1 tsp)
- Himalayan pink salt (1/2 tsp)
- Shredded queso (to sprinkle)
- Lime (a squeeze)
- Sriracha mayo
- Cilantro (a handful)
Oil the pan and add all the shrimp to the pan. As it simmers, add half the cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning and Himalayan pink salt to the shrimp, toss. As the shrimp cooks, add half a can of black beans and the rest of the seasoning. While it cooks, add the queso and sriracha mayo to the taco shell. Place the cooked shrimp and black bean mix to the taco — sprinkle cilantro and squeeze lime on top of the taco. DONE and DONE! 🙂
Easiest recipe and so delicious!