Hey all – It’s only Week 2 of the new year but I have decided to cook one homemade healthy meal a week. Last week was Cajun shrimp tacos, this week: chickpea pasta primavera. BC (Before Christian LOL), I had never cooked a day in my life…maybe a few baked goods. I have absolutely loved learning how to cook. I love finding new recipes, creating my own, and finally having some signature dishes under my belt!
What you’ll need for this healthy dish (serves 3-4):
- Banza rotini chickpea pasta
- broccolini (3 pieces, cut in thirds)
- garlic (5 cloves, shredded)
- mushrooms (1/2 cup, sliced)
- orange pepper (1/2 pepper)
- cherry tomatoes (2 handfuls)
- string beans (1 handful)
- carrots (2 carrots, I used one purple and one yellow)
- cayenne pepper
- olive oil
- Cajun seasoning
- pink Himalayan salt
- Mozzarella cheese (6-9 mini balls)
- Parmesan cheese (1/2 block of cheese, shredded)
7 easy steps to a delicious meal:
- Boil salted water. Add pasta to the boiling water and stir for 7-9 minutes. Drain the pasta and let it sit.
- Add 1/2 cup olive oil to a pan.
- Add shredded garlic cloves, some Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper. Cook until golden.
- Add carrots, cherry tomatoes, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Next, add broccolini, string beans, orange peppers, and mushrooms. Add more Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper and salt. Continue to stir on medium to high heat for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the fire. Add the drained pasta to the primavera mix. Mix together.
- Shred half a block of Parmesan cheese and add on top of the pasta. Top off the dish by placing 6-9 mozzarella balls and let melt. Serve and top off the dish with a pinch of cayenne pepper.